Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Being Threatened in the dining hall

After chef Pete tried my recipes for sauces and fried rice this weekend, he was ecstatic to improve the chinese food for the students.  Unfortunately, the crazy lady in charge of the wok has a different approach.  Right when I stepped into work, she told me to not tell chef pete too much, as they are going to have to work harder.  (I can already see how hard they are working-  they have peppers cut from 10/23 and they are still not used.  Basically, they don't want to cook shit, or do they lol, so they just stand around and cut peppers and onions all day).  That crazy lady may be mad pissed, but the other chinese workers say that the wok station has been slacking off, so it was about time I got them in shape.  As I said many times, I am at the dining hall for the students, so I will tell chef pete everything I know about  chinese cooking.  I tried explaining new techniques to the angry chinese  lady, but she kept making ridiculous excuses for herself.  I  told her to make ham, egg, and shrimp fried rice, and  her excuse was that ppl are allergic to eggs....THEN EAT THE VEGETARIAN FRIED RICE DAMMIT! That lady doesn't care and has a horrible attitude towards everything in life.  If I were in charge, she would be fired, but i'm not in charge, so I have to deal with her.  Hopefully the other ladies working the wok are nicer.  I will be going in on thursday morning for a chinese food reform.  Hopefully all goes well.   Keep me in your prayers that the angry asian lady doesnt chop my head off with a cleaver.

1 comment:

  1. give her bud infused brownies, it'll turn her into a bro

    ReplyDelete