Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We deserve better food because we pay for it

Everyone may have reasons for why the dining hall food should be better, but my understanding is that chef Pete wants better chinese food, so that more ppl will come to the dining hall.  The more ppl that dine at busch, the more props we get. YEE sonnnnnn.  Anyways, angry asian lady (we'll call her AAL) thinks that she will have so much more work, but if she had a brain, she would not have said that.  Sure there will be more work in the beginning, but as we streamline the process, it will get easier as days come along (everything gets easier as you do more of it, other than organic chem...).  I might make it look like everyone in the dining hall is a slacker, but there are a few hard workers in there working for the students.  For example,  Maria, who is in charge of the pasta line is always bending her back to work for the students.  She always asks for new ingredients to put on rotation so that we don't get bored of the food. (Next time you see her in the pasta line, thank her for all the hard work she does for the students.  She really does bend her back for you guys).
Now to deal with AAL on thursday... Because of the current situation, there are 2 routes of action I can take. I can remain reasonable, respectable, and kind, or I can make her life a living hell.  Treating her the same way she treated me might sound cool, but idk if i'm that kind of person. (As some of you know, i seem mellow at times, but if you get me angry enough, i will hunt you down until you are miserable for the rest of your life- just stay on my good side and you'll be fine lol).  Let me know what you think I should do.
Anyways, I will give it my all on thursday and unleash my knowledge and skill set to the dining hall workers working (or pretending to work) the wok station.  Whether the process of making good food is enforced is out of my hands- that would be up to chef pete.  Hopefully I get out of there alive.  Sticks and stones (and asian cleavers in this case) may break my bones, but words will (hopefully) never hurt me (you never know with chinese ppl...).
BTW, if you ever need to approach someone at work that you dont like, having their boss back you up really helps.  Another thing about the dining hall- apparently, everyone knew the food was crap, just no one wanted to approach AAL, well because shes crazy!  (maybe we should name her ACCL- angry crazy chinese lady).  I have the support of many of the dining hall workers, and they are proud of me for standing up for them.  They just tell me to watch out for ACCL lol.  I look forward to seeing the result of this reformation.
PS.  If you like doing any of the stuff I do, JOIN THE CULINARY CLUB! yay.

2 comments:

  1. What day(s) do(es) culinary club meet? :D
    "you never know with chinese ppl..." <-- LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAL is just a bully! you gotta stand up to her and let her know she is not in control of you!! you can do it buddy!! i'm rootin for ya! what a trooper.

    ReplyDelete